Click for larger images.
- A penny is worth 1¢. 100 pennies equal a dollar.
- Abraham Lincoln is on the penny. He was the 16th president of the United States.
- Lincoln is the only person facing right. All of the other coins have people facing left.
- The Lincoln Memorial is on the back. If you look very closely, you can see the statue of Lincoln in the middle.
- The penny is made mostly of copper with a little zinc inside.
- The penny's sides are plain, or smooth. The dime and quarter have reeded, or bumpy sides to make them harder to counterfeit.
- E Pluribus Unum is Latin and means, "Out of many, one."