Click for larger images.
- The dime is the smallest coin.
- It is worth 10¢. 10 dimes equal a dollar.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is on the dime. He was the 32nd president of the United States.
- Roosevelt is facing left.
- A torch, an olive branch and an oak branch are on the back. The torch symbolizes liberty, the olive branch is for peace and the oak branch stands for strength and independence.
- The dime is made made of nickel and copper.
- The dime's sides are reeded, or bumpy. There are 118 reeds on every dime. This makes it harder to counterfeit.